Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pay It Forward!


I have a long post about bits coming up, but there currently is a more pressing matter to write about. Since I've been broke and sad and homeless and unemployed, and have been through similar struggles with friends and family, this story particularly resonates with me and I hope we can all do something to help.

Longer term bloggers will remember Bre and Greta, who hasn't blogged in a long time - she's been busy with college and Greta is mostly retired now. While Bre lives in queer-friendly Austin, this is still Texas, and things with her family have gone very sour due to her sexuality. She now finds herself estranged and with hardly any money to her name. Most of us have been through the broke-college/post-college-kid phase so we know what it is like, and others who went through growing up queer will understand exactly how crappy and hard it can be. Bre needs our help while she gets through this period in her life - she's a fighter and she'll be fine, but right now she needs help to make sure she keeps her heart horse. It is not her fault that she ended up in this situation and she and Greta should not have to suffer and pay for someone else's harsh and misguided judgements.




5 comments:

  1. I remember Bre & Greta! What a terrible thing to have to deal with- I will definitely pay it forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had had this option available to me when I was at that point in my life, I might not have lost my mare . . . .

    Good luck to Bre. Shared on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have donated - I hope she has a Merry Christmas and the start of the New Year is better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, she's super local to me. Sad to hear about that situation. It's unfortunate this shit still happens in 2014.

    ReplyDelete