Saturday, April 18, 2015

Day 346


Day 346 has come and gone, and we're still cooking! Her bag is quite full, and her pH is steadily dropping - perhaps we will go in the next week!




You'll notice the change of facilities. The girls are currently bunking with L while we are in the process of moving to our new home. There's some Class A bullhonky behind it, which I won't hash out here in public. If you want to know more about it you're welcome to message me, but here we'll just leave it as it is. The really good news about the whole thing is that Future Hubs and I have finally found the perfect house - we were trying to keep this under wraps in order to keep the current situations from inevitably imploding, but unfortunately it all went down as expected. Ah well... what can you do, besides bolt across a burning bridge and make it safely to the other side!
The house and property we're buying (pending appraisal) is AWESOME. I'll have more on it later - but it has great little horse facilities, and finally my beasts will all be in my backyard again. I've been desperately waiting for YEARS for this, and it's all finally happening. It's really happening!

Pending everything, we're closing May 15th. The timing of this whole thing was well engineered for maximal suffering for both myself and the mares - I obviously would never, ever move an overdue pregnant mare for any reason unless it was out of utter desperation or total disaster. I am thanking my lucky stars that if it had to happen to any horse, it was at least P - she is extremely nonplussed over this sudden uprooting, and is completely fine. We're still watching her like hawks, but she seems perfectly content to keep cooking her tot until further notice.

O is much less happy about the move, but I suppose it's as good a time as any to give her a little break. It's been storming like crazy here, my cart and trailer are now stored at home (our current home) temporarily, and she is back in heat again, and therefore somewhat insufferable. The next show is on the 26th - the first of the games days series. I feel perfectly OK with just pulling her out and heading off to the show after two weeks off, if it comes to that, because she'll be quite fine and capable of handling that show without issue. Everything is sort of floating around in the air in limbo right now - we'll have to play this all day-by-day while we move.

Cross your fingers for us... this is a really exciting time!!!


Front yard, with view of one of the pastures behind it. Cross your fingers!

10 comments:

  1. Fingers and toes and eyes crossed! P is looking HUGE. Poor girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness P is looking huge!!! Won't be long now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crossing my fingers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Property is so exciting!!! Hope it all works out ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait for all the new exciting updates!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wishing you the best of luck that everything goes according to plan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited for your potential new home! And poor P looks so gigantic - come on girl and give us that baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see pictures and hear more about your potential new home!! Keeping my fingers crossed it all goes smoothly! I'm so excited about P!!! I can't wait for her to hurry up and let us see her baby!!

    ReplyDelete