Thursday, March 24, 2016

Sunrise Ridge: T-Minus 9 Days!



Sunrise Ridge is only 9 days away!! Can you believe it? And as usual, right before a big show everything in my life turns into a giant comedy of errors. Maybe this bodes well for the actual show?

These two would make a great driving team... if Pax wasn't already nearly as tall as O at under a year old

First, the weather. It's been HORRIBLE. It's been raining, hailing, and tornado-ing for two weeks. The sun comes out and it dries just long enough to give me about one day where I can work in the pasture again, and then it storms again. 

Second, seriously screw you weather. Last night, I was chasing horses around in a hailstorm, trying to get everyone rounded up before the worst of the hail struck. In the chaos, freezing to death and soaked/pelted with large hail, my glasses broke. And I mean broke. Not salvageable. Today I had to cancel everything and spent the entire day to try and get the glasses replaced. It was complete chaos going from doctor to store to store to store, calling my insurance company and getting screwed anyway. It took out yet another day that I needed for so many other things!

Thirdly, O's leg. Thankfully this had finally settled and gone down. I lunged her yesterday and she was HOT and ready to roll. Not surprising given the amount of time she has had off this month due to the weather and her fat leg!



Zooooooooom


B2 is coming over this weekend to get one last practice drive in together before the show. We'll be doing dressage work and cones - the time for conditioning is over, and she is more than fit. Sunrise Ridge is set over two days this year (it's the 20 year anniversary of it this year, the longest continuously running HDT in the country!), so it will be dressage and cones on the first day, and marathon on the second. Since we live so much closer this year, I'll just be trailering in for each day instead of stabling there - this should lesson the stress on her, to not have to be away from home for three days. 

I have everything together for my dressage/cones outfit - now I just need shirts for B2 and I to wear on marathon! Sterling sent our new custom ear bonnet which should be here soon... can't wait to see what it all looks like together. 

Getting nervous!!! 




7 comments:

  1. Do you have a copy of your current prescription? If you do, try coastal contacts (coastal dot com) -- first pair is free for first time customers, you pay cost of shipping. And, you can upload a photo and try frames on to decide which ones your like. It's pretty great.

    My insurance pays for either contacts or glasses. I prefer contacts, but like to have glasses for days I just can't bear contacts, eyes tired or whatever. So, I use insurance to buy the contact supply at the eye doc and then go to coastal with my prescription and get a pair of glasses at a seriously discounted rate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure all the craziness will mean that you have an amazing and uneventful show :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buy a backup pair of glasses from 39 dollar glasses dot com. My husband and I both do this. You just need your prescription info and your pupil distance.

    Good Luck at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buy a backup pair of glasses from 39 dollar glasses dot com. My husband and I both do this. You just need your prescription info and your pupil distance.

    Good Luck at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks really good! The weather this year has been super goofy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I can't believe Pax is already almost as big as O!

    ReplyDelete