Sunday, July 15, 2012

Happy 4-Month Birthday Elvis!

Elvis just turned four months old! The little red pest is quickly turning into a gigantic red pest - he'll probably be on the tall end of 15hh, maybe 15.3 or so (which is pretty big for a rope horse), and assuredly he'll be about as wide as he is tall! Never thought I'd see the day when I thought 15.3 was big though... being around Texas is obviously warping my brain. Everything's bigger in Texas except for the horses... they are all SHRIMPS around here!



The owner of Elvis was out the other day for the first time in four months, most likely to see whether or not he thought the colt could be weaned at this time or not. We don't know what he decided, but my guess is that he might wait until 6 months. That of course is better for Elvis... but not as great for me! I am itching to get my hands on Bay Girl without her little attachment!

As an update on the status of her transfer, I have a call in to the surrogate farm and am awaiting their return call. They are notorious for being bad about returning inquiries, so I might have to call and pester them again this week. Bah! I can't wait to get my hands on her and get back to work! It's impossible to do anything at all with the red pest attached!




And yep, that's her face again... up close and personal, just how she likes it! She is definitely the hardest horse on the planet earth to get a good picture of!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Elvis! Hopefully they'll return your call soon, I've been dying of impatience, haha! How's Bay Girl's mummy belly coming along, is it shrinking any?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like she's eager to resume activities with you. What a sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete