Hey Project Runaway won an award! :D Eventing-A-Gogo! had a ton of awards, but this is my first one over here! When I had Gogo, I religiously followed a ton of blogs and always was keen to add new ones. I had a zillion people to follow and that followed me, and we tossed awards back and forth at each other with reckless abandon. With my busy schedule, I've just not been keeping up as well, and haven't even added in a sidebar with my followed blogs... I just haven't put the same sort of loving care into this blog that I did into Gogo's blog. I think I've just been too sad ever since she died to do it. It's been almost two years now though... I should change that.
Hawk at Forging Fiction nominated me for this one! Many thanks, and here goes!
HOW TO ACCEPT THE AWARD:Liebster
Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog. List 11 random facts about yourself.Answer the 11 questions given to you.Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.Go to each blogger's page and let them know you have nominated them.
11 random facts about me:
- I have to set my alarm clock in series of five minutes. I can't get up if the clock isn't directly on a 0 or a 5 minute mark.... I have no idea why.
- I actually am starting to feel somewhat like a proper adult who has her stuff more or less together, mostly. Sort of. Well, we're getting there.
- Secretly, I love really wacky colored horses... funny colors, crazy spots, weird markings, you name it.... I love it!
- Come to think of it, I love unique EVERYTHING.... run of the mill things just don't sit well with me. I can't stand the mundane, the boring, the everyday.
- If I didn't have horses, I would assuredly be a crazy cat lady. No doubt about it.
- Don't tell anybody, but I LOVE Texas.
- Everytime a tornado comes through our area, I fight the urge to get in my car and go find it. I WANNA SEE. Which, coincidentally, is how people get killed... who knew?
- When we get a proper house, I'm going to have some lawn ornament Longhorns.
- My dream car is a red 1973 Pontiac Trans-Am Firebird Super Duty with a big Firebird on the hood. I'll never own it, but I love it anyway.
- I can back up my truck and trailer almost as well as I can drive them forwards. I am a MASTA BACKA.
- I think most people are good deep down inside, but I don't trust anybody anyway.
11 Questions for Me:
What is your favorite childhood memory?
Oh, hell. I don't know. I had a good childhood, I had lots of good memories. I think all of them centered around playing games outside in the woods.... I was a total tomboy who spent all her time outside. I can't narrow it down to just one!
If you could have a super power, what would it be?
Flying. DEFINITELY flying.
You have one wish - what would you do with it?
Aaaah, good question. Probably something along the lines of world peace, harmony, no more harm to the planet, and a gallon of fresh ice cream every time I opened my freezer. Does that all count as one?
What is your favorite color?
Light blue - duh! EVERYTHING I own horse-related is light blue, black, or gold - my eventing colors. Light blue looks AMAZING on dark bay horses (I'm on dark bay #4, although dark bay #1 admittedly evented in outrageous purple). You want to know what color light blue does NOT look good on? Orangey chestnut. Of course, right?
What are you most passionate about right now?
My small business, Future Hubs, my hunt for a possible house (maybe??), my Furkids, my horses. And weather-watching.
You win the lottery. What is the first thing you buy?
A big, gorgeous ranch and a new truck. Who wouldn't?
What is something that intimidates you?
NEEDLES. Don't you DARE get anywhere near me with one. I might cry and/or poop my pants. I am deathly, deathly afraid of them.
What is a quote that best describes you?
"Are you ready?" Klaus asked finally.
"No," Sunny answered.
"Me neither," Violet said, "but if we wait until we're ready we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives, Let's go."
- Lemony Snicket, The Ersatz Elevator
If you had a week off from work, what would you do?
Well, in my case it's not so much if I had a week off of WORK per se, because if I want to arrange my schedule to accomodate a vacation I can do that. It's just finding someone to watch the pets and the horses that is the real issue! But, I would go to Michigan, go to Florida, go to California, and then go wherever the hell I wanted after that - probably sailing in the Caribbean.
If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
Back to New Zealand.... and I might never come back!!
What is the most dangerous/daring activity you have ever partaken in?
Honestly? Hiking unprepared in the wilderness. Having gotten severely hypothermic from improper clothing in a wet environment and also having gotten very lost in the mountains with no GPS/clothes/food/anything, I can safely say that being stupid is the stupidest thing I've ever done. Horseback riding is one thing... being irresponsible in a potentially dangerous situation is another!
11 Questions for Readers:
- You have to choose only 5 things to survive the zombie apocalypse. What do you bring along?
- Quick! There are zombies chasing you and your best friend is slowing you down. Do you trip them up and let them get eaten, or help them along at the risk of being eaten yourself?
- You get to the barn and find that your horse is a zombie! What do you do?
- If you were a zombie, who would you eat first?
- Do you think zombies have feelings and can they be cured?
- In this world of Smartphones and technology, do you ever wonder if we're ALREADY all zombies?
- You found the cure for zombification! What is it?
- You have a choice for vehicles to survive a zombie apocalypse: a heavily armored but slow tank, a very speedy jacked up truck with a gun rack, or a small cargo carrier airplane. Which do you choose and why?
- Where is your safe hiding spot going to be during the zombie apocalypse?
- The zombies have caught you and you're about to be eaten. Which part would you want them to consume first?
- You're up for some hand to hand combat with zombies. You have a choice between a baseball bat, a Swiss army knife, and a meat tenderizer hammer. Which do you choose?
- If zombies could dance, what kind of dance would they do?
(By the way, contrary to what you probably are thinking right now, I'm not particularly interested in zombies beyond the novelty. I've only seen one episode of the Walking Dead and it was too scary to keep watching.)
I'm going to break the rules here. I nominate YOU, reader! I'm tagging you ALL because you all are awesome and deserve it!